Comparing and restoring revisions
Kentico Kontent makes working collaboratively easier by allowing you to quickly check for revisions in any of your content items. You can compare any revisions made and then if you decide that a change isn't needed, you can easily revert back to a previous version.
Table of contents
The Revisions tab gives you a complete overview of who has updated what and when they did so as well as the workflow steps. You can view each revision and compare it to a previous version and see even more detailed information about that revision by clicking More details.
Kentico Kontent creates a new revision of a content item when:
- You change the content item's workflow step.
- You make changes to the content after not working on the item for 30 minutes.
- Someone else on your project makes changes to the content.
Thanks to revisions, you don’t need to worry about your content getting accidentally overwritten or deleted as you can always restore any previous revision.
To compare differences between versions:
- Click More actions in the upper right of the item.
- Select Compare versions .
- Choose the revisions you want to compare.
You can now compare revisions between versions in the highlighted sections.
To restore a revision of a content item:
- Click Revisions in the right panel.
- Choose the revision you want to restore.
- Click the Restore this revision link in the blue status bar at the bottom.
Note: You cannot restore a revision of the content item if the item's current workflow step is Published. You need to create a new version of the content item or unpublish it first. To learn more, see Unpublishing content vs. Creating new versions.