Kentico Kontent allows you to create and work on multiple projects so that you can better organize your work when working with multiple clients. A project is the primary organizational unit of your content.
Switch between your projects using the project switcher in the top toolbar. You can only manage the projects you have created.
See how to create new projects inside the app.
Table of contents
To create a new project:
- Click your initials in the bottom left corner and choose My projects.
- Click Create new project in the top right corner.
- Type a name of the project.
- Select a subscription the project will fall under.
- Select a data center for your data.
- (Optional) Select an existing project to be used as a template.
- Click Create project.
There are a few things to keep in mind when creating a new project:
- Selecting a data center is only possible in the Professional plan or higher. If you're in the Starter plan, this option is disabled for you and your data will be automatically stored in the default data center, which is located in the East US.
- In the project templates listing, you will only see active projects in which you are the subscription admin and these projects need to be under the Business plan or higher.
Mistyped or want to change a project name? You can change the project name at any time.
- Choose the project you want to rename.
- From the app menu, choose Project settings .
- Under project settings, choose Name.
- Enter the new project name in Project name.
The changes are saved automatically.
- Instead of creating a new project from scratch, use a project template to speed up your work.
- Invite contributors to your project so they can start producing content.
- Configure roles in your new project to define a set of capabilities for your users.
- Set up a workflow for your new content so your users know where they fit in the process.
- Create content types for your new project to create templates for your content.