Develop Ruby apps
Learn how to develop your own Ruby applications that use the Kentico Kontent APIs to retrieve and manage Content as a Service.
Table of contents
Learn the basics
If you're new to the world of Content as a Service, it can help to take some time to understand what it's all about and test out the basic functions.
- Watch a video about adopting the right mindsetOpens in a new window to work with an API-first CMS.
- Watch a video about what structured content is and why you should structure all your content.
- See how to build a simple Hello World website in 5 minutes.
- Test out the APIs with the Kentico Kontent Postman collection.
Start building apps
Once you know the basics, you can start creating your own applications.
Start by running the sample Rails appOpens in a new window that displays content from Kentico Kontent.
See what else is available
Once you know what you're doing, you'll want to see what else is possible for your development.
- Test the APIs directly by seeing how to get content whatever its form. Work with multiple languages, various relationships, and different structures.
- Check out our Delivery Ruby SDKOpens in a new window for retrieving published content.