Develop GraphQL apps
Learn how to develop your own applications that use GraphQL with the Kentico Kontent APIs to retrieve and manage Content as a Service.
Table of contents
Learn the basics
If you're new to the world of Content as a Service, it can help to take some time to understand what it's all about and test out the basic functions.
- Watch a video about adopting the right mindset to work with an API-first CMS.
- Watch a video about what structured content is and why you should structure all your content.
- See how to build a simple Hello World website in 5 minutes.
- Test out the APIs with the Kentico Kontent Postman collection.
Start building apps
Once you know the basics, you can start creating your own applications.
- Run the Apollo boilerplate for Express.js apps to see Kentico Kontent features in action.
- If you prefer a static site with GraphQL, check out the Gatsby starter site that pulls content from Kentico Kontent.
See what else is available
Once you know what you're doing, you'll want to see what else is possible for your development.
- Test the APIs directly by seeing how to get content whatever its form. Work with multiple languages, various relationships, and different structures.
- Read more about GraphQL and the Apollo boilerplate.
- See the Gatsby source plugin to see everything that's possible with Kentico Kontent and Gatsby.
- Read a guide to sourcing from Kentico Cloud in the Gatsby docs.