Develop GraphQL apps
Learn how to develop your own applications that use GraphQL with the Kentico Kontent APIs to retrieve and manage Content as a Service.
Table of contents
Learn the basics
If you're new to the world of Content as a Service, it can help to take some time to understand what it's all about and test out the basic functions.
- Watch a video about adopting the right mindsetOpens in a new window to work with an API-first CMS.
- Watch a video about what structured content is and why you should structure all your content.
- See how to build a simple Hello World website in 5 minutes.
- Test out the APIs with the Kentico Kontent Postman collection.
Start building apps
Once you know the basics, you can start creating your own applications.
- Run the Apollo boilerplate for Express.js apps to see Kentico Kontent features in action.
- If you prefer a static site with GraphQL, check out the Gatsby starter siteOpens in a new window that pulls content from Kentico Kontent.
See what else is available
Once you know what you're doing, you'll want to see what else is possible for your development.
- Test the APIs directly by seeing how to get content whatever its form. Work with multiple languages, various relationships, and different structures.
- Read more about GraphQL and the Apollo boilerplate.
- See the Gatsby source pluginOpens in a new window to see everything that's possible with Kentico Kontent and Gatsby.
- Read a guide to sourcing from Kentico KontentOpens in a new window in the Gatsby docs.