Develop Java apps
Learn how to develop your own Java applications that use Kontent APIs.
Table of contents
SDKs and API references
The SDKs, tools, or plugins mentioned on this page are maintained by our community. If you have questions or want to report bugs, we recommend submitting issues in the appropriate GitHub repository. Feel free to pitch in with your improvements as well.
Manage and import content into your Kontent projects. With Management API, you can create, edit, delete, publish your content, and more.
Learn about changes in Kontent APIs and their availability in the API reference.
Get started tutorials
If you are new to Kontent or the Java world, go through this tutorial. It'll get you up to speed before you dig into the sample apps.
Do you already know what framework you want to explore? Check one of these sample apps. If you have any questions, ideas for improvement, or you get stuck in code, feel free to submit a GitHub issue.
Take your Kontent-powered apps further with the following APIs and features.
- Smart link SDK automatically creates edit links in your web app based on HTML data attributes provided in your app. The SDK also lets you connect your website with Web Spotlight.
- Webhooks provide an event-based notification mechanism. They let you know about specific changes in your project as they happen, which is useful for caching.
- Image transformation API is a real-time image manipulation and optimization API. Check our image optimization guide to speed up image delivery in your app.
You can generate strongly-typed models automatically by using the Java Generator.
- Follow best practices for getting content to ensure your content and code is scalable and maintainable.
- Explore Kontent's integration capabilities to build coherent and robust experience for developers and content editors.
- Once you have your Kontent-powered web app running, focus on SEO optimization and explore the benefits of Edge computing.
- Not sure what's what in Kontent? Check our glossary of terms.